Theatre Creators Reserve
Funded by the Ontario Arts Council, the Theatre Creator’s Reserve provides funding to new theatrical works in development.
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is proud to be a recommender for the Ontario Arts Council’s Theatre Creators Reserve Program. The program assists Ontario-based professional theatre creators, and informal collectives of creators, by funding them to create work. For full guidelines and program details, visit the Ontario Arts Council website here.
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre creates vital Canadian theatre by developing and presenting voices that question sexual and cultural norms. Built on the political and social principles of queer liberation, Buddies supports artists and works that reflect and advance these values. We are seeking proposals and projects that reflect and push our values as a company.
- 1-3 Page Artist Statement (Describe your proposed project. What interests you about the subject? What are the artistic and personal questions that you are wrestling with to develop this piece? How do you feel that it reflects Buddies in Bad Times mandate and focus? How does this piece fit in to your artistic practice?)
- A Budget (The Theatre Creator’s reserve pays for creation time, how will the funds be used to push the project forward? Please provide a short breakdown.)
- 1 Page Work Plan (What is your proposed work schedule and goals of this development period for your project)
- Resume or Bio of Confirmed Participants (Please include only relevant artistic/theatre experience)
- A Script Sample (15 Pages Max) (Script samples that are directly related to the proposed project are preferred. If you do not have writing yet, please submit writing that gives a sense of your voice and style as a creator. If you are creating a non-text based piece, performance texts are accepted)
- Supplementary Materials *when applicable (Supplementary materials including video, image, or sound can be submitted when they relate directly to the proposed project. It is optional to submit supplementary materials.
It is highly recommended that if you have any questions about your proposal, the application or the submission process that you contact Company Dramaturge Mel Hague at firstname.lastname@example.org
Buddies in Bad Times will accept submissions by mail or electronically, applications are due on FRIDAY DECEMBER 2, 2016 by Midnight. Please review the guidelines for both.
- By Mail Please include one application and three signed copies of the Theatre Creators Reserve Application Form that can be downloaded here. Applications should be sent to Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, 12 Alexander Street, M4Y 1B4, Toronto ON
- Electronically Applications must be formatted and emailed to email@example.com in a single PDF file. One signed copy (PDF) of the Theatre Creators Reserve Application Form must be included. It can be downloaded here. If the application is received without the form or in any other format the application will be considered invalid.