March 22 // 6-9pm // FREE
We all come from different places, races, histories. What is yours? In the session we will explore ideas of ancestry through different performance techniques.
The sessions are designed to:
- support you in the development your unique queer creative voice
- give you access to tools and resources that will support the process of discovering your artistic voice
- give you access to community and space to bounce ideas off of, try new things in, and link with like minded folks
- performance opportunities
- … and much more
Each session will consist of:
- foundation building exercise designed to bring you deeper into your creative process and practice
- a creative working period wherein you can work on solo initiatives or in a group
Does this sound like something you could use weekly to keep your creative fire burning and growing?
The sessions work as a whole, AND it also works to drop in on any session that interests you. Bring a piece of writing or an idea, that you are working on, or wish to develop further. Sign up by emailing email@example.com or simply show up!
The Queer Youth Arts Program
Something for queer youth happens every Wednesday night at Buddies. Click here to learn more.
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is Toronto’s leading destination for alternative theatre and a world leader in developing queer voices and stories for the stage. Buddies in Bad Times’ Youth Program engages queer youth and supports the development of early-in-craft artistic voices. We create artistic space for all youth and strive to celebrate, cultivate, and prioritize the diversity of Toronto’s queer community by encouraging the development of BIPOC queer voices inclusively. We work with 2-Spirit, queer, trans, and gender variant youth who have an interest in theatre, performance, and the creative process, and may have no prior theatre experience.