Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position: Full Time (44 hours per week).
Reports To: Head of Production, Technical Director
Application Deadline: July 11, 2016
Start Date: Tuesday August 2, 2016
Buddies In Bad Times Theatre is seeking a full-time house technician. Reporting to the theatre’s Head of Production and Technical Director, this position for an experienced technician works closely with all of Buddies’ Cabaret productions, guest companies, and special events happening at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre’s Cabaret space at 12 Alexander Street, in the heart of Toronto’s queer village.
- Applicants must have graduated from theatre school, and/or have a minimum of 2 years experience working in live theatre;
- Experience operating computer based lighting consoles;
- Good working knowledge of theatrical lighting and dimmer systems and basic electricity knowledge;
- Good working knowledge of sound system set up and operation;
- Experience with live sound operation;
- Basic carpentry skills;
- Familiarity and experience with Qlab, Keynote and Powerpoint would be considered assets.
- Experience with Video set up and operation;
- Maintaining equipment and venue.
- Acting as liaison with rental companies
- Installing, programming, operating and striking shows.
- Operating sound, lighting and or video for all productions in the venue.
- Acting as crew chief during installs and strikes in the venue
- Ensuring that reasonable safety standards are kept in the venue during productions.
- Assisting with building maintenance
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, First Nations, transgendered, two-spirited, people of colour, and people with disabilities.
Please send resume with cover letter to the attention of Charissa Wilcox, Head of Production by July 11, 2016. Include salary expectations and references. Chosen candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply by mail or email:
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
12 Alexander Street