Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, a not for profit, professional theatre company dedicated to the promotion of Queer Canadian Culture, is accepting applications for the position of Part-time Box Office and Front of House Staff.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals, someone who goes above and beyond, someone who thinks outside the box. Most importantly, someone who wants to join the team at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, Canada’s Home for Queer Culture. Reporting to the Box Office/Front of House Manager and the Assistant Box Office/Front of House Manager when the assistant is acting as Duty Manager.
Box Office/Front of House Seller, Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
• Position Type: part-time hourly/ non-exempt of overtime
• Department: Box Office
• Start Date: April 11, 2016
• Processes all telephone and walk up ticket orders (single, subscription, gift certificates)
• Ensures the security of box office revenue
• Advises patrons about seating and pricing
• Informs the Assistant Manager when Box office and FOH supplies are running low
• Knowledgeable of performance schedules and marketing strategies relevant to ticket sales
• Follows all box office policies and procedures as set forth by BO/FOH management
• Maintains an accurate float count and completes accurate cash out procedures at the end of shift, with the goal of balancing
• Informs the Manager on duty of all significant overages/shortages found during the cash out procedure
• Provides the best customer service possible to all patrons entering the theatre
• Responds accurately to patron inquiries pertaining to the box office, including but not limited to the length of show/run, warnings, age specific restrictions, local restaurants, parking and concerns regarding service charges.
• Informs BO/FOH management of patrons with special needs who will be attending a performance, so that they may be accommodated efficiently and appropriately
• Collects tickets and hands out show specific programs
• Watches the performance that they are scheduled to work, unless otherwise informed and monitors audience for potential problems
• Ensures their own shifts are covered, if needed, after the schedule has been made
• Responsible for showing up on time, signing in and out at the beginning and end of each shift and must be present when they are on the clock and prepared to fulfill any work responsibilities
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service
• Basic accounting and mathematical skills
• Enjoys dealing with the public and volunteers
• Ability to maintain a calm and cheerful manner under pressure
• Equivalent work experience and appreciation for the Arts
• Experience on the Arts Management Theatre Manager software an asset but not essential
• Cash management experience required
• Must be dependable, punctual, team player
• Enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Will be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
• Is queer positive and is respectful of difference
Please submit cover letter and resumé and the names and phone numbers of 2 references by 5pm on Monday April 04, 2016, EMAIL OR FAX to the attention of Barry Higgins, Box Office/Front of House Manager at 416-975-9293 or email@example.com.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.