Upcoming Late Night Events:
View all Events at this Venue
December 10 @ 8:00 PM - 11:59 PM
December 31st, 2021 @ 10:30 PM - 2:00 AM
- December 10 @ 8:00 PM - 11:59 PM
- December 31st, 2021 @ 10:30 PM - 2:00 AM
Every weekend, Buddies opens our cabaret doors to The Village for some conversation, beverages by industrial light, and late-night dancing. Join us at the bar, for a late night, a poetry reading—or a drag reading—in the heart of Toronto.
Come say hi to Patricia, enjoy a drink, and if you’re lucky, catch a performance like Queer, Far, Wherever You Are.
IS BUDDIES A BAR, A THEATRE, OR WHAT?
It’s both. Buddies in Bad Times is a professional theatre company dedicated to the production and development of queer plays. And we’ve been around since 1979 as the largest and longest-running queer theatre in the world. On our weekends, we host late night events to raise money for our theatre and community programming.
All the proceeds from the bar go directly to the theatre, which makes late nights at Buddies the most fun you’ve ever had supporting the arts.
Pandemic Poetry Project
After a summer of weekly poetry readings, we’re moving inside! Poetry readings happen every third Sunday of the month at 5PM. Sign up in person beginning at 4:30PM. Limited spots available.
UPCOMING POETRY SUNDAYS
Sunday, December 19, 4-10PM
Last summer, poetry lovers/haters joined us on the patio to read and write their own musings on life, love and the pandemic. With the help of host and writer David Bateman, a Pandemic Poetry Project has been published and is available for sale at the bar for $20.
Swing by during operating hours and get your copy of the poetry chap book featuring over 25 writers from summer 2020.
We’re excited to be able to welcome you back to Tallulah’s! And so in order to keep staff and patrons safer at this time, we have the following rules in place:
- When patrons arrive at Buddies, we’ll be asking for contact information for contact tracing purposes and you are required to show a proof of vaccination to enter the building
- On the patio and inside, patrons must remain seated at events
- NEW For late night events – dancing is permitted
- Patrons must wear a mask when circulating in the building (like, to use the washrooms or dance)
- Orders will be taken by a server at patrons’ tables, or at late night events lining up at the bar
- Payment by card (credit, VISA, Mastercard) is encouraged during this time, however we will also accept cash. There is an ATM in the basement of the building.
How to not be a Jackass
Buddies is part of a diverse neighbourhood of businesses, bars, and people’s apartments – we ask that when you come to party on the weekend that you treat our neighbourhood, our neighbours, and your fellow party-goers with respect.
Tip your bartender.
Consent is sexy.
Our bathroom is for folks of all genders.
During Queer, Far, Wherever You Are we ask that you book in advance. During bar hours, first come, first sat – no reservations.
Photo of Fay Slift by Connie Tsang.