Contract Fee: $7,500
Term + Time Commitment: Part Time Contract (July-December)/2-3 days per week (see below)
Reports To: Communications and Marketing Department Managers
Start Date: July 5, 2021
- 8-12 hours/week in July/August
- Up to 20/week in August 23 – October 1 for ArtAttack event
- 8 hours/week October/November
- Up to 20/week in December
- Summary: part-time contract fee of $7500 between July 1 to December 17, 2021
From July to September, the ArtAttack + Administrative Assistant will work primarily in preparation for Buddies’ fundraiser/art auction ArtAttack!. This person is an autonomous worker who will receive direction primarily from the Communications and Marketing Department. During this time they will also receive training and orientation to Buddies’ general administration processes and systems, and would shift to a more general administrative support role from October to December. Most work can be done at home, but some work will require this person to be on-site at Buddies. The ideal candidate should have a level of comfort for occasionally working at our theatre in The Village as we re-open, to facilitate deliveries/pickups at our space, and be the point-person for on-site deliveries. A G Driver’s license is a bonus.
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are currently ongoing an organizational review and transformation process (read more here) and are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations or have access needs at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them to Aidan and Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Buddies follows COVID-19 protocols to ensure safety of staff led by our Joint Health and Safety Committee who work to ensure safety standards are met, and adjustments made when needed or requested.
- Data entry and tracking of artwork donations
- Coordinating pickups and deliveries of art
- Tax receipting for in-kind donations into Theatre Manager (our ticketing/patron database)
- Event management/logistics support (supply shopping, setup, showrunning, tear-down)
- Managing guest lists
- Assisting in scheduling and attending committee and curation meetings, and staff and department meetings as needed
- Minute-taking at ArtAttack! committee and curation meetings
- Coordinating communications to registrants in the lead-up to the event
General administrative tasks:
- Generating reports for communications and marketing department
- Assisting in schedule coordination for communications and marketing departments (in conjunction with other departments, as needed).
- Assisting with drafting of patron communications to drive engagement (Email, Mailchimp, and letters)
- Data entry and cleanup as it relates to marketing/communications and engagement platforms and communications systems, databases and programs
- Assisting with the preparation of mailings: pamphlets, brochures, etc.
- Performing research for the communication and marketing department (ex. Grants and coordinating with other departments)
Department software and systems used include:
- Theatre Manager
- Google Suite
Assets (good to have but not required):
- Drivers License (Ontario G class)
Please send a brief cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Deadline to submit is Monday, May 17.
Established in 1979, Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is a professional Canadian theatre company dedicated to the development and presentation of queer theatre. Over the past 40 years, it has evolved from a small production company into the largest and longest-running queer theatre company in the world. The theatre sits in the heart of Toronto’s Church-Wellesley Village, and its primary constituencies are the city’s queer and arts communities. In addition to being a theatre, Buddies is a popular events venue with regular community and late-night events occurring year-round.