Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000
Position: Full Time
Reports To: Artistic Director and Managing Director
Start Date: Monday, December 2, 2019
The Development Manager works closely with the Marketing Manager and Communications and Outreach Manager. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is energetic and excels at people and event management with a focus on building long-term relationships with potential donors.
Established in 1979, Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is a professional Canadian theatre company dedicated to the development and presentation of queer theatre. Over the past 40 years, it has evolved from a small production company into the largest and longest-running queer theatre company in the world. The theatre sits in the heart of Toronto’s Church-Wellesley Village, and its primary constituencies are the city’s queer and arts communities. In addition to being a theatre, Buddies is a popular events venue with regular community and late-night events occurring year-round.
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In conjunction with the Artistic Director and Managing Director, sets contributed income goals through individual giving, corporate, foundation support and other fundraising efforts
- Creates and/or oversees the writing and production of donor solicitation packages, proposals, reports and other correspondence pertaining to fundraising (print, email and web based)
- Manages donor records, correspondence and donor acknowledgement
- Fulfills promises to supporters through logo placement in marketing materials, name recognition, tickets, tax receipts, thank you letters, and personal invitations
- Analyzes donor activity and generates up-to-date monthly fundraising progress reports and attend weekly management and scheduled board meetings
- Cultivates/solicits donors and coordinates donor and prospect cultivation activities
- Researches and identifies new donor prospects, including individuals, corporations and foundations
- Coordinates and leads planning of Buddies in Bad Times Theatre’s annual art auction, Artattack
- Secures corporate sponsorship for Buddies in Bad Times Theatre’s Season
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with existing sponsors with the goal of increasing their support and commitment to Buddies
Knowledge & Experience:
- Fundraising and development training – minimum 3-5 years experience
- Familiarity with donor database applications
- Background in the arts or not for profit sector is considered an asset
- Knowledge of visual arts and visual arts practices also beneficial
Please send resume with cover letter and references to the attention of Shawn Daudlin, Managing Director by Friday, November 8, 2019. Chosen candidates will be contacted for an interview. Apply online by email to email@example.com.