Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position: Full Time (44 hours per week)
Reports To: Head of Production, Technical Director
Start Date: September 2018
Buddies In Bad Times Theatre is seeking a full-time house technician. Reporting to the theatre’s Head of Production and Technical Director, this position for an experienced technician that works closely with all of Buddies’ main stage productions, guest companies, and special events happening at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre’s venue at 12 Alexander Street, in the heart of Toronto’s queer village.
- Applicants must have graduated from theatre school, and/or have a minimum of five years experience working in live theatre;
- Experience operating computer based lighting consoles;
- Good working and maintenance knowledge of theatrical lighting and dimmer systems and basic electricity knowledge;
- Good working knowledge of sound system set up and operation both digital and analogue;
- Experience with live sound operation;
- Basic carpentry skills;
- Familiarity and experience with Qlab, Keynote, and Powerpoint would be considered assets.
- Maintaining equipment and venue.
- Installing, programming and striking shows.
- Operating sound, lighting and or video for all productions in the venue.
- Acting as crew chief during installs and strikes
- Ensuring that reasonable safety standards are kept in the venue during productions.
- Assisting with building maintenance
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from transgender, gender diverse, and BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) applicants.
Please send resume with cover letter to the attention of Charissa Wilcox, Head of Production by Friday, August 10. Include salary expectations and references. Chosen candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply by mail or email:
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
12 Alexander Street