POSITION TYPE: Full-Time Salary
DEPARTMENT: Box Office
START DATE: March 01, 2017
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, a not for profit, professional theatre company dedicated to the promotion of Queer Canadian Culture, is accepting applications for the entry level position of Assistant Box Office/Front of the House Manager.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, someone who goes above and beyond, someone who thinks outside the box. Most importantly, someone who wants to join the team at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, Canada’s Home for Queer Culture. Reporting to the Box Office/Front of House Manager, the Assistant Box Office/Front of House Manager will be responsible for managing box office staff, order processing and overseeing general box office operations at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre.
- Promote high standards of customer service
- Process ticket orders
- Lead, train and supervise Ticket Agents
- Inform and uphold Box Office policy in alignment with organizational standards
- Manage and resolve medium level customer service concerns
- Support the Box Office Manager in the preparation of reports and schedules, as required
- Supervise and run day to day Box Office operations
- Oversee and schedule the theatre’s volunteer program
- Assists with financial reconciliations and cash management
- Provide support and show specific information to all patrons in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to deal with customers in a positive manner
- Act as duty manager in the absence of the Box Office/Front of House Manager
- Equivalent work experience and appreciation for the Arts
- Experience on the Arts Management Theatre Manager software an asset but not essential
- Cash management experience required
- Adept with PCs with Windows OS and MS Word and MS Excel software
- Must be dependable, punctual, team player
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Is queer positive and is respectful of difference
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
Please submit cover letter and resumé and the names and phone numbers of 2 references by 5pm on Friday, February 10, 2017, EMAIL OR FAX to the attention of Barry Higgins, Box Office/Front of House Manager at 416-975-9293 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries, please. All applications are considered confidential. Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.