Role: Stewardship + Events Associate
Contract Fee: $20,000.00
Position: One Year Part Time Contract, 8-30 hours per week (see below)
Reports To: Communications + Outreach Manager
Start Date: July 4, 2022
Location: Toronto, ON
Deadline to apply: June 13, 2022
Estimated hour breakdown:
20-30 hours July-January
8-16 hours February-June
The Stewardship and Events Associate will support in Buddies’ donor communications, administration, and strategies, working closely with the Communications & Development department. Increased hours from July – December reflect work towards Buddies’ fundraiser/art auction event ArtAttack! in November. Some work can be done at home, but some work will require this person to be on-site at Buddies. The ideal candidate should have a level of comfort for occasionally working at our theatre in The Village as we re-open, to facilitate deliveries/pickups at our space, and be the point-person for on-site deliveries. A G Driver’s license is a bonus, but not required.
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are currently ongoing an organizational review and transformation process (read more here) and are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations or have access needs at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them to Aidan at email@example.com. Buddies follows COVID-19 protocols to ensure safety of staff led by our Joint Health and Safety Committee who work to ensure safety standards are met, and adjustments made when needed or requested.
General stewardship and administrative tasks:
- Generating donor reports, lists and monthly renewal letters
- Data entry and cleanup as it relates to marketing/communications and fundraising platforms and communications systems, databases and programs
- Processing and administering donations and tax receipts
- Assisting with the preparation of donor communications, including mailings: pamphlets, brochures, etc.
- Executing donor relations strategy
- Working alongside the communications and development department to develop and steward sponsor relations
- Point of contact for individual donors
- Coordinating stewardship events throughout the year
- Managing special invitations and RSVPs
- Event management/logistics coordination
- Soliciting event sponsorships and in-kind donations
- Data entry and tracking of artwork donations
- Coordinating pickups and deliveries of art
- Tax receipting for in-kind donations into Theatre Manager (our ticketing/patron database)
- Coordination of online shop and catalogue copy and contents
- Managing guest lists
- Assisting in scheduling and attending committee and curation meetings, and staff and department meetings as needed
- Minute-taking at ArtAttack! committee and curation meetings
- Coordinating communications to registrants in the lead-up to the event
Department software and systems used include:
- Theatre Manager
- Google Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in Google Suite
- Comfortable working in teams and independently
Experience and additional skills (these are considered assets, but not required)
- Experience with database management
- Previous work in the arts or not-for-profit sector
- Previous work in customer service
- A drivers license (Ontario G class)
Please send a brief cover letter outlining why you would like to work with Buddies as well as skills and experience that make you a strong candidate for this role, and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF with the subject line “Stewardship + Events Associate Application”. Deadline to submit is Monday June 13 at midnight.
All employees, artists, and patrons are required to present valid proof of being fully vaccinated upon entry to any space at Buddies.
More information about our COVID-19 policies.
Established in 1979, Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is a professional Canadian theatre company dedicated to the development and presentation of queer theatre. Over the past 40 years, it has evolved from a small production company into the largest and longest-running queer theatre company in the world. The theatre sits in the heart of Toronto’s Church-Wellesley Village, and its primary constituencies are the city’s queer and arts communities. In addition to being a theatre, Buddies is a popular events venue with regular community and late-night events occurring year-round.