The First Stone – Additional descriptions (Oct 19)
During the performance, there are a few moments that may be potentially upsetting. Below are some details about those moments in the story, please use this information to take care for yourself as necessary. If you don’t want to hear any spoilers, you may stop reading now.
- In the first half of the show, Mom is telling the Boy and Girl a story about what happens when people tells secrets, an assault on the character Uma is dramatized and she makes a loud scream.
- Later on, Girl is captured into the camp, the Baby is put into a pot and killed. The Baby is a prop made of red cloth, filled with corn kernels.
- Around halfway through the play, when one of the children in the camp, Kidogo, is tired, they are killed. A shooting is dramatized in this moment.
- Later on, one of the children in the camp, also Kidogo, is punished by being made to carry a hot pot on their head.
- In the second half of the play, Boy is talking to Uma at the well – he describes a rape and an act of violence.